1. There are nights when you cannot wait to get up that next morning so you can sit with the Lord, open the written Word, and delight in his presence.
Or, you get up and sit there anyway, not feeling a thing, knowing that Daddy is somewhere near.
2. Somehow, in both silly and stupid fashion (I refer to our faculty of reason), you still believe something that should no longer be believed.
3. You love Jesus (I can’t believe I put this 3rd).
4. You suffer, grieve, and pray for people you do not even know (not family or friends).
5. You actually give your money to people. Or your time. Or your goods. You are willing to even go without (anybody can give when they have a ton of surplus). In other words, sacrifice is not uncommon.
6. You embrace spiritual authority.
7. Some nights, you are bothered by how little you share the Gospel.
8. You share the Gospel.
9. You care about the local church enough to actually get involved (though your list of what is not right about the church would probably be just as lengthy as your list of what is right).
10. The little stuff that nobody sees is now really important to you.
11. You see potential in people that seem throw-away material.
12. Knowledge is only a tool in your bag to help people, not your God (To you Christian who’s ultimate goal in life is to be smart. But, who will be that honest with themselves? Probably no one.)
13. You have had days, especially when hearing something tragic, that you struggled to believe in one of two things (or both): (1) that God is real, or (2) that God is good. After all, if you did not believe these two things, the “tragic” probably would not bother you as much.
14. All things are becoming spiritual to you.
15. You are finding yourself increasingly bothered and increasingly interested in doing something for people who are poor.
16. Quick, cheap answers disgust you.
17. On the other hand, the insecurity that prevents a Christian from giving an answer when there is one bothers you.
18. Calling God “Daddy” is second-nature now. You finally have come to the place you were able to dismiss the distant term, “Father.”
19. Sometimes, you just want to sit in silence. Performing and impressing no longer have any traction in your heart.
20. You are forgiving every person that wrongs you.
21. Sexual purity actually matters to you.
22. You are dreaming big stuff that is actually going to require God.
23. You want to be a real friend after reading Proverbs.
24. You are absolutely content and miserable at the same time.
25. You are careful with your words.
“In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.” (James 2:17)